Follow us as we travel this plant called Earth.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

2016 National Parks Road Trip ~ Day 5 ~ Albuquerque




Hot Air Ballooning in Albuquerque has been on my bucket list forever!  I insisted on adding this to our road trip from the beginning.  It was worth every penny!  It was every bit exciting as I imagined it would be.

We met up with our pilot at their offices, from there we were taken by van to the airfield.  When we arrived the balloon is taken from the trailer and laid across the ground to be filled.  Passengers get to watch the whole set up and participate in as much of the work as they want.  I thought it was all fascinating to watch.!


Can you see the worker inside? That is how really huge the balloon is!

Right here you can see the balloon being filled with hot air.


There were two balloon going up with us, we launched within minutes of each other



You have choices when it comes to what size basket you want.  I choose the cheapest which hold 12 people.  I know it appears we are squished but I really had plenty room and did not feel cramped at all.


Meet our pilot Dean, he was so much fun, very entertaining.





During lift off I thought  it was cool to see the shadow of the balloon on the house down below.  


We flew right over the Rio Grande River, I thought it was much deeper and wider than this...It looks like it is drying up?



Beautiful Albuquerque from the sky!




No comments:

Post a Comment