Follow us as we travel this plant called Earth.

Friday, September 9, 2016

2016 National Parks Road Trip ~ Day 3 ~ Oklahoma City National Memorial

Miles Traveled:927
Gas $82.95

We arrived at our hotel really late in the evening and exhausted from a long day on the road.  We really had very little time to see much so we decided on a quick ride to the Oklahoma City National Memorial and I must say, it moved me deep inside my soul.  The bombing was something that will live inside me till the day I die.  

I was working as a service representative and on the phone with a customer who was talking to me when it came on television, in the middle of a sentence she started screaming and crying as she told me what they were reporting.  She was so upset, she hung up the phone.

The people of Oklahoma City did a wonderful job designing a memorial that provokes both thought and prayer as well as hope for our nation.  It is so peaceful.


Teddy bears, flowers, cards along the outside wall, tiles painted by children across the globe, they also have the chalk area where visiting children can express their thoughts.

The small chairs representing the 19 children killed touched me most of all.

9:01 representing the minute innocence was lost (if evil could reach a the middle of our nation in Oklahoma City, it can touch anywhere)......and the 9:03 represents the minute healing began


I took this picture of a US Air Force veteran deep in thought & prayer and I couldn't help but think what evil he must have saw during his service.  Later as I passed him, I thanked him for his service, he said your welcome with a sad smile.












No comments:

Post a Comment